(3/2005 – 3/2007) The main goal of the VideoStore project is to develop a Web based learning system, which enables to store, annotate and share video content. The wide distribution of media documents through the Internet, using broadband, allows for new approaches in learning systems. The VideoStore project explores new possibilities by providing different interfaces for learning. The interfaces accommodate for different learning styles, allowing for more experiental or more reflexive methods. The e-learning systems have to be prepared for a wide range of users, therefore, the usability of this kind of systems is an important factor for its success. The VideoStore system will be used to broadcast faculty courses from several departments of the School of Sciences and Technology (FCT), NOVA University (UNL). It is part of a larger project to promote broadband learning technologies.
Web Page: http://img.di.fct.unl.pt/videostore/
- Cabral, D. Mobile and Web Tools for Participative Learning. MSc Thesis, November, 2008.
- Cabral, D., and Correia, N., Mobile and Web Tools for Participative Learning. International Conference on e-Learning IADIS 2007, IADIS, 2007, pp. 483-490. (Lisbon, Portugal)
- Cabral, D., and Correia, N., An Environment for Mobile Learning Supporting Video Lectures and Annotations. International Conference on Mobile Learning IADIS 2007, IADIS, 2007, p. 290. (Lisbon, Portugal)
- Correia, N. and Cabral, D., Interfaces for Video Based Web Lectures. The 6th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies: ICALT 2006, IEEE, 2006, pp. 634-638. (Kerkrade, Netherlands)
- Correia, N. and Cabral, D., VideoStore: A system to store, annotate and share video based content. The 3rd International Conference on Multimedia and ICTs in Education: m-ICTE2005, Formatex, 2005, pp. 1299-1303. (Cáceres, Spain)
This work is partially funded by POSI (Programa Operacional para a Sociedade de Informação) through the project “A Universalidade dos Saberes”, sub-project VideoStore.